Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Adoption.

Adoption. I have been thinking a lot about adoption. Not because I am considering it, but because my God says that he has adopted me. I am now his child and his Spirit dwells within me. At community group someone was talking about their friend adopting four children. Four children, at the same time, all under the age of three. All I could think was, "oh my gosh, how much did that cost?". Sometimes I wonder why adoption is so expensive when there are thousands of kids in need. It is expensive so that not just anyone can adopt a child. There is protection in the expense. This got me thinking about my adoption and how it wasn't just a choice God made but it came with a huge price. My adoption was not cheap. It was so expensive that God was the only one qualified to pay the fee. I have been bought into a new family at an astronomical price that no one but my Father was eligible to pay. Amen.

No comments: