Tuesday, January 10, 2012

got 99 problems but The Counting Crows ain't one.

A long December and there's reason to believe
I could justify myself
I felt so symbolic yesterday but I'm just not coming through
I could have been anyone you see
Mr. Jones wishes he was someone just a little more funky
When everybody loves you, son, that's just about as fucked up as you can be

I put my summers back in a letter
Spinning these days into things that I've lost
You've been fading day to day
And I hide it from the world
That's when I know that I have to get out cause I have been there before
You know the butterfly in reverse here is me

So I throw my hand into the air and it swims in the beams
I wanna be Bob Dylan
And I said, I might, I might, I might
There has to be a change I'm sure
I want to be someone who believes
Well, all monkeys do what they see

It's 4:30 A.M. on a Tuesday
Got no place to go
I wanna touch you for the things I'm losing
But I might go out and watch the moon explode
I'm going down to Hollywood
And I'm scared I might not make it home

She is sleeping far away
In a house where regret is a carousel ride
Little angels hang above my head and read me like an open book
Taffy stuck, tongue tied
Well I’m stuck so tight weighed by the chains that keep me
Help me believe in anything

Well I know I don't know you and you're probably not what you seem
Your reflection approaches and recedes again
All I really know is I wanna know
And all I really know is I don't wanna know
Come on give me your white skin
Hey monkey, when can we begin?

Could you tell me the things you remember about me
Try to remember so you don't fade away
The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings
And I'm in trouble for the things I need
I am a child of fire I am a lion I have desires
We all want something beautiful

And there are people who will say they knew me so well
They're gonna make a movie
Of all the stupid things I do
From the things that they find crawling round my brain
All my sins and someone stole my shoes
It doesn't get much worse than this

Fix your hair just right
Cause I fear I might lose my composure without warning
And it spins away like dust on pearls
Into the fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white
She says it's only in my head
But I’ve got four more seasons for all that’s broken to mend

All I want is something fine
And if you think that I could be forgiven, I wish you would
Forty thousand times
Cause I can never get enough, never get enough
And it gets harder every time
Never get enough no, no

I'd like to see your eyes open up real wide
And if I could give all my love to you
The minute that you see me
So that you could believe me
Deliver me in a black-winged bird
When all a love needs is to be believed in

I have waited for tomorrow from December 'til today
We could probably fix it if we clean it up all day
So come, now
If you wanted to be free
Leave your damage behind and gone
Roll a new life over

No comments: