Thursday, February 11, 2010

coffee will be better in heaven.


I have an addiction to coffee.
Not just a dependency on the caffeine, but I really love coffee. I love coffee in the morning, afternoon, and in the evening. I like it black. The darker the better. I like Starbucks, not simply because of their catchy corporation and ability to monopolize the market for a $4 latte, I love Starbucks because, to me, it's the boldest coffee tastes. I like when it's bitter. A lot of my friends who would call themselves "coffee experts" hate Starbucks because they burn their beans when they roast them, regardless, I like it.
[This is where Jody would warn me of the dangers of being addicted to Starbucks coffee. She would tell me the stats on how it has three times as much caffeine as a normal cup. To this...I have no response.]
I often think of the Lord during my morning cup. I love coffee, but even the boldest cup doesn't seem like enough. Something in me desires coffee to be more, to be deeper, to be richer. I don't think this is simply because Starbucks burns their beans. I think this is because we were created for something bigger, something with more glory. I love that coffee reminds me of this. I love that I am able to taste that there is something more. I don't know for sure but I think coffee will be better in heaven.

3 comments:

chelsa said...

[this is the part where jody's sister, chelsa, tells you about healthy coffee... that you can drink without the terrible health effects! hehe. just ask mal!]

faithy said...

You were right. I didn't cry.

jods22@gmail.com said...

only you would be able to relate your love for the Lord to your love (obsession) with coffee.

consider yourself warned of the risks of Starbucks...i'm just sayin