Tuesday, January 22, 2008

grace

i just got done listening to a sermon by matt chandler. going through the hebrews series and it's really wonderful. constantly being reaffirmed of God's grace and my inability. part of me wants to sit here and say, if you don't listen to matt chandler you should probably start. but there is something else. more than that i want to say, if you don't know the gospel, if you are apart of the millions of christians that abandon the cross daily. every hour. ever minute. if you are, like me, and you set aside the crown of thorns and deny the existence of the nails...i would like to say, rejoice because the gospel is for you.
i have been having one of those pivotal turning points in my faith recently. being hit by the reality of the gospel and being entirely overwhelmed. sitting here thinking to myself, how could i have possibly ever been following christ and not understood this. and that is the absolute glory of God.
so here i am in a place i feel i have never been. taken down by the fact that there is nothing i can do, earn, or achieve to receive any sort of favor in the eyes of my Lord. the fact that i have absolutely nothing to bring to the throne that he doesn't already have. nothing that could serve him better than what he already obtains. i am able to follow him by his grace. the grace that said go my son. the grace that shed blood. the blood that cleanses me. the blood that allows me to have faith. the faith that comes only by grace.
that is, my life.

2 comments:

meagh said...

woo.
let's talk.

faithy said...

i like you hannah smith